Sunday, August 9, 2009

Decorating: my frilly bathroom project

I've been slowly redecorating my bathroom. So far it is developing a theme of shades of pink and blue and a tendency to have fleur de lys on everything.

I purchased pink and blue towels and mats, as well as a pink glass toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. I looked for something readily available for wall art and found some pictures I had taken of the spring flowers blooming outside of Notre Dame. They were lovely and pink against the blue sky. The frames I found were of silver brushed metal with little fleur de lys at the corners.

This is my most recent addition.


I had a very difficult time finding a curtain in the proper colors so I decided to pretty up the old one. I found the fleur de lys shower curtain hooks at Ross for about $4 and bought two spools of ribbon on sale for $1. It turned out to be much cheaper than buying a new shower curtain and I think it turned out to be quite lovely and sweet.

I've already begun my next project, which is to pretty up the mirror. I purchased a vintage lace window valance and tea dyed it to make the color more similar to the shower curtain and give it a pretty antiqued look. I intend to gather it up into a pretty silver button in the center (I know I have some lovely Art Nouveau lady buttons stashed away someplace.) and perhaps add beaded dangles. Then I'll string it up over the mirror with blue ribbon and secure it on either side with a bow . . . Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment